It’s a big year for medical benefits at UC and across the country. UC is updating your medical plan choices to better meet your needs — because maintaining good benefits is important to you and it’s important to UC.
Now is the time to evaluate your options and choose the plan that’s right for you and your family. This website will help you sort out all the information and understand what you need to do when Open Enrollment begins on Oct. 28. Visit often, as we're adding information regularly. Here’s what you need to know about your medical plan choices for 2014:
UC is offering a revamped menu of plans for 2014 that offers better value and clearer choices, including two new plans:
- Blue Shield Health Savings Plan, a PPO with a UC-funded health savings account that also allows you to contribute tax-free
- UC Care, a PPO plan created just for UC, with access to UC doctors and medical centers as well as the entire Blue Shield PPO network.
You can also choose from these plans:
- Health Net Blue & Gold HMO, with a network designed just for UC
- Kaiser Permanente HMO
- Western Health Advantage, an HMO in the UC Davis area
- Core, a catastrophic plan with a new administrator: Blue Shield
UC employees and retirees will continue to have a broad choice of providers — including UC medical center doctors, hospitals and medical groups — and plan designs to fit their needs. And UC will continue to cover most of the cost of the premiums.
You will need to choose a new plan during Open Enrollment if you’re enrolled in one of these plans being discontinued:
- Anthem Blue Cross PPO
- Anthem Blue Cross PLUS
- Anthem Lumenos PPO with HRA
- Health Net Full HMO
- Kaiser Umbrella
These plans no longer provide the right value, with annual double-digit increases that neither UC nor employees and retirees can absorb.