Most employees are automatically enrolled in Basic or Core Life at no cost. Supplemental Life, Dependent Life and Expanded Dependent Life insurance are available for a monthly premium. Senior Management Life is also offered at no cost to members of the Senior Management Group.
- Basic LifeBenefit equal to employee's annual salary up to a maximum of $50,000
- Core Life$5,000 benefit
- Supplemental LifeFour coverage levels from $20,000 to four times annual salary up to $1 million.
- Basic Dependent Life$5,000 coverage each for spouse or domestic partner and/or eligible children
- Expanded Dependent LifeUp to 50 percent of employee supplemental life benefit (maximum of $200,000) for spouse or domestic partner; $10,000 each for eligible children
- Senior Management LifeTwo times senior manager's annual salary to a maximum of $800,000. This benefit is in addition to Basic Life.
Use the Insurance Premium Calculator to determine your monthly premiums for the employee-paid plans. Use your monthly salary as of January 1 of the current year to calculate the premiums.
Enrolling in a Plan
Enrollment for the Basic, Core and Senior Management Life is automatic depending on the level of benefits for which you are eligible. Generally, you can enroll yourself in Supplemental Life insurance and your dependents in Dependent Life insurance at anytime during the year. Your Period of Initial Eligibility (PIE) will determine whether you are required to submit a completed short-form health statement questionnaire or not.
Naming Your Beneficiaries
When you leave UC employment or retire, you may be able to continue life insurance benefits. You have different options depending upon the plan.
Can't find what you want?