The Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DepCare FSA) for Academic Student Employees allows you to pay for eligible dependent care expenses on a pretax, salary reduction basis. Dependents can be either children or adults. The DepCare FSA is established under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) §129. For additional information on the DepCare FSA refer to UC's Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DepCare FSA) .
The DepCare FSA for Academic Student Employees is designed to serve the academic student employees (ASEs) represented by the UAW as well as non-represented academic student employees, including Graduate Student Researchers (GSRs).
Continuing participation beyond September 20 of each calendar year will be subject to ongoing negotiation with represented academic student employees.
The Way Depcare FSA works is simple:
- You determine the amount you wish to contribute
- You complete an enrollment form
- The contribution amount you choose is taken from your pay each month
- You pay your dependent care expenses as usual
- You submit a claim form and copies of your dependent care receipts to CONEXIS
Remember that your forfeit any money you don't use; so calculate your contributions carefully.